- How’s the year been going? Year 12?
- What are your plans for next year?
Memory & community
Photos: reflections & prompts
If no photos elicit reflections on the physical space of the school and neighbourhood
- Photos of things and places that you like or mean something to you -photos of you when you were young, and have photos without people in them.
- Photos from around where you live and on your way to school to give a sense of your neighbourhood.
- Photos of events or things that are important to you or have strong memories – for whatever reason – from your childhood, or now, or a picture of something given to you by a friend or family member
- At the end of school, what stands out most in your memories?
- What do you think you’ll take with you from schooling that will still be important in ten years’ time?
- Is there anything you would change about your experiences of schooling if you could? If so, what? If not, why?
- Do you think you’ll miss anything about school next year? What are you excited about post-school? Is there anything you’re worried about?
- Do you think Australia is an equal society?
- A fair society, a welcoming society?
- What do you think an equal /unequal society look like?
- What does inequality look like?
- Probes regarding the particular issues raised, Australia in comparison to the world – class
- If you were a politician what issues would you be most interested in?
- There’s been a lot of discussion about sexual harassment in the news lately. [report on sexual harassment at universities?
- Do you think that’s an issue that affects you or your friends? Is it something you worry about?
- Thinking about you and your friends’ experiences as well as just in general, what do you think a respectful intimate relationship looks like?
- How have you been spending your time this year?
- Do you think you have changed much over the secondary school years? What’s been most significant for you?
- Changes in your family life?
- Where do you see yourself this time next year?
- In 5 years, in 10 years